How it all began …
In civil status documents and the North Rhine-Westphalian State Archives of Detmold, the name Ruhberg/Ruberg has been associated with mill construction since 1785. Originally the trade was carried out in situ. Master craftsmen and journeymen built mill wheels and milling gears directly in the mill buildings.
Later on technology and infrastructure advanced and enabled a commercial production in Nieheim, from which today’s mill and plant construction developed. On June 16, 1856, Mr. Christian Ruberg was granted the title Master Millwright by the Royal Government of Minden.
What once started as a mill construction enterprise, gradually developed into a metal construction company, following a re-establishment in 1949. Christian’s successor, Franz Ruberg, who ran the business until 1954, also lent his name to the company. Subsequently his son Hermann Ruberg took over the business. Following the many mill closures in the 60’s, he mainly focused on grain reception and grain processing in smaller grain silos.
Small and medium-sized silo plants were manufactured and sold throughout Germany. In 1981, Hermann’s son, Alfred Ruberg assumed management responsibility. Under his management operations were successfully expanded, so that today the company has a workforce of about 70 people. Grain facilities, cleaning and silo plants using state-of-the- art conveying technology and latest standards are designed and installed worldwide.
Moreover, grain storage facilities, ship loading and unloading plants, bio mass power stations or plants for the recycling of timber and the processing of waste timber are manufactured. The design and planning is carried out by in-house engineers and all plants are supplied to the customer turnkey.